Thursday, January 6, 2011

January 6, 2011

Today was a long day.

It started out nice, Mathew woke me up and presented me with breakfast. The drive into work also started out fine. However, there managed to be 2 accidents on the freeway within a few miles of each other dragging out the drive horribly.

Work was fine although we have a project due tomorrow that is one of those that was on time, then dragged out, and is now a week behind... you know those... I haven't even gotten all the pieces to the project when the project manager asks me if I could get it done today instead of tomorrow.. Why are they asking this? No, not because of the deadline, but because they don't feel like coming in tomorrow. SERIOUSLY! I mean really, you can actually say those words with a straight face and still respect yourself in the morning? Wow I really don't have what it takes to be a manager then.

I am quite proud of myself, I took all those crazy pregnancy hormones and kept them inside and only responded with a "no, honestly I don't think I can rush the project to get it to you today instead of tomorrow, I'll try but I can't promise anything."

Honestly, I deserve a cookie for not strangling the person in question. It would have been within my professional rights to loose it, I am quite certain.

There was no way the project was getting done, the other person working on it hadn't finished their part when I left this evening. I don't feel bad at all.

Enough about work.

I got a desperate call from a dear friend this afternoon. Her 1 year old has been miserably ill with a stomach bug all week. Her husband managed to catch it as well, and while being ill, he put his back out. So all dear friend wants to do is go grocery shopping but she can't leave a (mostly better but still needy) baby with her invalid husband. So I stopped by after work to let her go grocery shopping and keep her husband from putting his back out even more. Everyone in the house is better, so there was no danger of me catching anything. The 1 year old of course was a total angel for me, because I am not mom, so none of the same needy behavior. It was a pleasure to go visit, we watched Disney's Beauty and the Beast, sang along then played with blocks.

No comments: