Monday, January 3, 2011

January 2, 2011

A dear friend of mine is in possession of diaries belonging to her Great Grandmother. Aside from being insanely cool to see what daily life was like in 1910, it was an inspiration to her and then to a few others (myself included) to keep an account of daily life. We'll start with 30 days, see how far it goes.

Here is her transcription.

Just the basics, no need to put in huge insights on the world, just a humble account of my life and what is going on around me.

Here Goes:
January 2nd, 2011
I slept in today, it was very nice, but I think that having 2 long weekends in a row has done a number on my circadian rhythms. When I got up, hubs had been awake for a few hours but kindly (upon my request) made me breakfast. It was sunny out and I kept thinking, we should go for a walk this afternoon. Hubby and I played a little Star Trek Online. I know, nerdy to the max, but hey, I like it. :)

While we were playing, the little one started moving. She always moves mid-day, and of course as soon as Mathew tries to feel she stops. Though still an odd sensation, I do love to feel her move, it is a little reminder of "here I am mom". We took a break and I went through the box of so far accumulated baby stuff, we're getting a nice stash going of cloth diapers, hopefully we'll be all set by May when she arrives, lets hear it for saving money and the environment all in one.

When I finally decided it was time to go walk, of course it started raining. The dog was quite unhappy with the situation so the walk was only around the block. I can't believe the rain the last few weeks, it is very un-San Diego. Serves me right for waiting. Maybe that will be my resolution for 2011, when I feel like doing something I will do it, not wait until later. Of course, come May, we will have a baby who will likely have a say in our schedule, but we will see when she gets here.

We ended up taking a nap in the early evening, which left me up late reading once it was time to really go to bed... I have been reading pretty voraciously, I think I have made better use of Mathew's kindle than he has. I am in the middle of Laurel K Hamilton's Anita Blake Vampire Executioner series, so no, I am to reading aloud to baby... Once I finish this series I am moving back to the George R.R. Martin Song of Ice and Fire series, that one may be worthy of reading aloud.

No comments: