Thursday, March 22, 2007

Green banana deception!

So, I still shop there, but I do have to note the nefarious behavior of the VON's grocery store in my neighborhood.

They have sneakily installed a GREEN light above their banana display.

I had been wondering why my carefully picked bananas seemed to get over-ripe in just one night. We hang them on a banana hanger, we don't have an overly warm house. It didn't make any sense.
Then finally we noticed that they seemed to get darker yellow as we got to the check stand.

That is when my boyfriend saw it! the single green light above the banana display. Tricking you into believing that they are just turning yellow, the perfect time to get bananas!

I feel used and dirty. and I don't even have my barely ripe bananas to comfort me. Thanks a lot Safeway corporation!

No comments: